Re: [O] Using link abbrevations for EXPORT_FILE_NAME ?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Using link abbrevations for EXPORT_FILE_NAME ?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 20:11:23 +0100

Hello,

AW <address@hidden> writes:

> on orgmode 8.3.2 I've got a large org-file. Offen, I need to export a subtree
> like this:
>
> -----------------
> * Subtree to be exported
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: /PATH/TO/FOLDER/filename
> :EXPORT_TITLE:
> :END:
>
> foo
>
> -----------------
>
> I'd like to save the exported file in a project folder, as you can see in
> EXPORT_FILE_NAME .
>
> It would be very helpful to use link abbrevations in EXPORT_FILE_NAME :
>
> (setq org-link-abbrev-alist
>    '(("anglisky" . "~/Path/whereever/%s")))
>
> in .emacs and write:
>
> -----------------
> * Subtree to be exported
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: anglisky:filename
> :EXPORT_TITLE:
> :END:
>
> foo
>
> -----------------
>
> Possible? Feature Request?

Not possible. Also, link syntax sounds awkward because most links
wouldn't make sense there.

What about introducing a new property:

  :EXPORT_FILE_DIRECTORY:

When set, e.g. to "dir", assuming EXPORT_FILE_NAME is set to "foo/file",
export file name becomes "dir/file".

Since you can set it per subtree or document, I think it would help in
your situation.

WDYT?

Regards,

--