Re: [O] visual-fill-column-mode with org

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] visual-fill-column-mode with org
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 07:52:34 +0530

Another option would be to use auto-fill-mode to keep your text
paragraphs within your desired width, without affecting tables.

I do not like auto-fill-mode inserting hard returns at fill-column. This creates problems for version control, as sentences cannot be correctly identified.

I would like each sentence to be on a single line, wrapped only for visual effect, without having hard-returns, so that git can correctly identify changes in each sentence.

That is the reason I am looking at visual-fill-column-mode.

Joost Kremers, author of visual-fill-column-mode, says that this would not be possible since "visual-fill-column-mode does not really do any filling / wrapping”.

So, at the moment, we really do not have any appropriate solution.

Vikas