Re: [O] Allowing loose ordering in Org files

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [O] Allowing loose ordering in Org files
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:02:09 -0800

> I really don't like the idea of making Org /syntax/ customizable, would it
> be with the help of a hook or a variable.

>From what I've seen so far, several users want regularity of syntax to decide
formatting, and several users want user preference to decide formatting. There
do seem to be larger costs for letting the user decide; but there are also
costs to not letting the user decide, that I feel are not being appreciated.

The reason I'm sticking on this point is because it also relates to our future
road map. If Org continues to do this -- to trade flexibility of formatting
for regularity of parsing -- it might continue to alienate some of us.

John