Re: [O] org export customization: why do #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: settings have n

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: [O] org export customization: why do #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: settings have no effect?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:15:06 +0100

Thanks,

For your small example (exporting to latex) I get

\begin{itemize}
\item H1 :private:
\item H2
\end{itemize}

(apart from the preamble etc).  What is also weird: If I add the
``standard'' vanilla template (via C-c C-e # beamer), then

    - 1) some option settings like H:2  vs H:3 /are/ working.
    - 2) variable org-export-headline-levels does not change

By "working" I mean: if I change the #+OPTIONS: H:2 to H:3, refresh the
emacs-buffer wrt. org's settings, and export the output (concretetely I
did beamer/latex). Now changing the section-level head /does change/ the
beamer-latex output the way I'd expect (i.e., it influences the
sectioning level).

What is strange though: the emacs-variable org-export-headline-levels
does not change when doing that, expect that I would have expected that
refreshing the buffer would do exactly that: update that variable and
thereby influencing the sectioning-levels:

---------------------
org-export-headline-levels is a variable defined in `ox.el'.
Its value is 3
This option can also be set with the OPTIONS keyword,
e.g. "H:2".

I did not to comprehensive experiments which #+OPTIONS work or work
strangely, I just noticed that H:3 etc ``work'' (but I don't know why),
whereas the #EXCLUDE_TAGS do ``not work'' when refreshing the
buffer. For instance in that simple example you provided.

Martin