Re: [O] Emacs+org-mode in a Docker?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs+org-mode in a Docker?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:46:02 +0100

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone tried setting up a Docker with an Emacs and org-mode setup?
>
> I am looking for some kind of solution like this to use with some
> students. Any thoughts?

I made a docker image for my xwidget emacs branch:
https://github.com/jave/xwidget-aux/tree/master/emacs-xwidget-docker-debian

There are notes there also how to run the dockerized emacs in graphical mode by
forwarding X.

It would be very straightforward to use the same technique with plain
gnu emacs rather than my branch.

--
Joakim Verona