[O] images rendering after execution?

From: Tom
Subject: [O] images rendering after execution?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:56:01 -0800

I know I can insert an image with something like:

#+begin_src python :session :results file
savefig('test.png')
'test.png'
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
[[file:test.png]]

However, even when I choose to display images inline, the output from a computation like this will always be rendered as a link; only after toggling image display twice will the image render inline.

Is there some option that always renders images returned by source code blocks inline immediately? None of the options I found in the documentation seemed to work.

Thanks,
Tom