Re: [O] MobileOrg

From: dean
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:34:23 +1000

On 11/22/15 09:52, Peter Davis wrote:
> dean <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Ok, I think I understand now. I can define org-mobile-files to be files
> or directories. I did not see this variable referenced in the doc on
> mobileorg.ncogni.to/doc/ Apparently it just defaults to
> org-agenda-files, which is fine for me. It means the three main
> directories I'm using for org files will be rolled up into the mobile
> directory for sync'ing. However, when I sync files back from the iPad, I
> will have to manually tease any updates into the separate directories
> where I want to edit them.

Just to be sure,

org-mobile-push copies all flies listed in org-mobile-files to
org-mobile-directory and creates an index and checksum file.

After you have made changes, you then use org-mobile-pull and that will
pull any changes (from dropbox etc) into your original .org files. I
think this is the main function of the index.org.

No teasing required.

I saw mention earlier about the docs so I thought I should mention the
official doc is quite good, it probably explains it better than me. Its
in the appendix B:

http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html#MobileOrg

> Yes, very much. I think I understand now. Thank you!
>
> -pd

No probs, really hope we get it going for you, I love it (once I
eventually got it going, which took a while - so i know your pain ;) )

Dean