[O] Problem with org-collector.el in Org v. 8.3

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: [O] Problem with org-collector.el in Org v. 8.3
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 22:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

I seem to be having same problem with org-collector in v.8.3as was reported
by Charlie Millar back in April.  I checked with him and he was never able
to resolve the issue.  Here's his original post:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/96966/match=org+collector

It was easy to confirm that org-collector was working properly in Org 8.2.1,
which is built in to my Emacs 24.5.1.

I can reproduce the problem with Org 8.3.2 (nov 23, 2015) with the following
steps (I was working from base Emacs 24.5.1 install):

(1) Download the org-collector.el file and org-collector-example.org file
from here:

   http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/org-contrib/org-collector-example.org
   http://orgmode.org/worg/code/elisp/org-collector.el

(2) Start emacs. Download elpa version of org, which will be Org 8.3.2:

              M-x list-packages, go to 'org' and install.

(3) Exit Emacs

(4) Start a new "bare" Emacs with 'emacs -Q'

(5) in scratch directory enable elpa packages by evaluating:

          (require 'package)
          (package-initialize)

(6) Load the org-collector-example.org file into a buffer.  Check loaded Org
version to confirm it's 8.3.2.

(7) Load org-collector.el into a buffer and do M-x eval-buffer.

(8) Move to the org-collector-example buffer.  Place cursor on one of the
'#+BEGIN:' lines and press C-c C-c.  You should see the same faulty results
as reported by Charlie Millar.