Re: [O] TOC local for specified heading and its subheadings (in HTML exp

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] TOC local for specified heading and its subheadings (in HTML export)?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 14:05:44 +0100

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Further, IMO it might be better to extend the ’#+toc: headlines local’
> declaration.  Of course you could argue that ’local’ becomes a special
> case of the above "id:whatever-is-the-name-of-the-local-headline".
>
> Personally, I would like a more explicit syntax, though I recognize that
> it doesn’t necessarily make a difference if it’s an extension, in the
> sense of suffixing.  E.g.:
>
>         #+toc: headlines local 1 :headline "* my headline"
>         #+toc: headlines local 1 :headline "#headline"
>
> Or closer to your suggestion,
>
>        #+toc: headlines 1 :headline "#headline"
>        #+toc: headlines 1 :headline local
>
> Which as a special case can be written as,
>
>       #+toc: headlines 1 local

I agree. However, I suggest to ignore quotes:

  #+toc: headlines 1 :headline #headline

or

  #+toc: headlines 1 :target #headline

since TOC keywords always refer to headlines.

Using quotes may also be supported for destinations containing spaces.

>> +        (org-html-toc depth info
>> +                      (or
>> +                       (and local-id
>> +                            (car (org-element-map (plist-get info
>> :parse-tree)
>> +                                     'headline
>> +                                   (lambda (element)
>> +                                     (and (string= (org-element-property
>> :CUSTOM_ID element) local-id)
>> +                                          element)))))
>
> Wouldn’t it better to use org-link-search and get the element at
> point?

Or even work at the parse tree level and use
`org-export-resolve-id-link' and `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou