Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:35:22 +0000

On Saturday, 28 Nov 2015 at 12:16, Richard Lawrence wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> For the past few days, I've been looking more closely at using the
> combination of Zotero [1] with Erik Hetzner's zotxt plugin [2] as a
> means of processing citations when exporting to non-LaTeX backends.  I
> am now thinking that this is probably our best option, but I'd like to
> know what other people think before I sink a lot of work into it.

Richard,

thanks for the long and descriptive email.  What you propose does seem
like a potentially attractive way forward especially in the context of
minimal impact for installation.

I have two questions:

1. Is Zotero open source?  I believe not so I wonder about the
   implications of this for org.

2. How would I use this starting from an org-bibtex database (which I
   typically export to bibtex)?

Regardless, my export requirements are usually satisfied by export to
LaTeX so my main concern will not be org to odt or HTML but on the user
interface aspects within org for inserting citations etc.

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb