[O] Moving from org-mode 6.33 to 8.3.2

From: Steve Moreau
Subject: [O] Moving from org-mode 6.33 to 8.3.2
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 16:10:39 +0100

Hi,

Moving from an emacs with an old org-mode (6.33) to the latest stable one currently (8.3.2), I noticed two changes which made me out of my comfort area.
  1. Demoting/promoting a header now changes the indentation of text below.
    I reverted to the previous mode with '(setf org-adapt-indentation nil)' in ~/.emacs, and that's fine but I mentioned it in case it has an impact on point#2.

  2. 'M-x fill-region' does not fill custom lists as before. In the previous version, I could select and fill several mixed paragraphs/lists directly. For example, filling the following block (without --- separator added as a delimiter in this message)
    ---------------
    # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines

    - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines

      - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines

    ---------------
    resulted in (version 6.33):
    ---------------
    # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence
    that should be filled over 2 lines

    - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled
      over 2 lines

      - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be
        filled over 2 lines

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence
    that should be filled over 2 lines

    ---------------
    and now results in (version 8.3.2):
    ---------------
    # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence
    that should be filled over 2 lines

    - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines

      - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines

    a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence
    that should be filled over 2 lines

    Lists are not filled anymore and I have to select each list entry and fill it individually to get the same output.
So my questions are:
Thanks, and have a nice day.