Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:34:33 +0100

On Tue, 01-12-2015, at 01:32, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Martin Yrjölä writes:
>
>> Maybe two way sync between BibTeX and Zotero would be sufficient for
>> power users? I know there is already automatic exporters to BibTex for
>> Zotero, but some work needs to be done to make it a two-way sync.
>
> I am personally skeptical of this, having "translated" Endnote libraries
> to Bibtex and back. The simple stuff mostly works, but accented names,
> chemical formulas, and many other things tend to not translate very well.

In addition, Zotero users often organize their references using
collections, tags, and "related" (and the first two I find essential, both
with Zotero itself and when using Zotero in a tablet). Some of these (e.g.,
collections, tags) might be synced/translated from BibTeX into Zotero
though not always reliably. And trying to get these to work reliably is
probably too much work.

Best,

R.

--