Re: [O] Fwd: Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 07:21:59 -0800

Hi Matt and all,

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> One question (based on complete ignorance of either zotero or zotxt) is
> whether those of us who maintain bibtex databases solely in emacs would
> have to interact with the zotero GUI.

My goal would be that you wouldn't need to interact with it at all.
(You would need to have Firefox running in the background, but that's it
-- no need to actually interact with the window as a user.)

> Let's say I have a bib file and an org document containing
> citations. Would everything place transparently in the background
> without ever having to interact with zotero? Can zotero query a bib
> file without requiring the user manually to import/export the
> database?

I do not know of a way to do this at the moment.  But it may already
exist somewhere, and if it doesn't, I don't think it will be too hard to
build.  (If anyone knows better, please let me know!)

Best,
Richard