Re: [O] missing frame title using org beamer export

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] missing frame title using org beamer export
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 21:08:42 -0600

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Jinli Feng <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

>> Quick answer: go to the second link above and copy that first code
>> block into your .emacs. Reload your config (or just restart emacs),
>> and do =C-c C-e l P=. See if that helps.
>

> Thanks, John! I added the beamer definition and used the Upper case P which
> almost did the trick, in the sense that all the headings are properly
> exported and the frames look as expected. However, the pdf file is missing
> the title and author, with only the date showing on the front page.  I don't
> see anything obviously wrong in the tex file:
>
> \author{dummy}
> \date{\today}
> \title{Test Frame title}
> \hypersetup{
>  pdfauthor={dummy},
>  pdftitle={Test Frame title},
>  pdfkeywords={},
>  pdfsubject={},
>  pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.2 (Org mode 8.3.2)},
>  pdflang={English}}
> \begin{document}
>
> \maketitle
> \begin{frame}{Outline}
> \tableofcontents
> \end{frame}
>
> Any idea why?

I just used a minimal config (below), and I get what appears to be the
same! I have an author/date on the front page, though. No idea how to
explain that one... I attached my generated .pdf if that helps. Do you
get any errors during compilation, or perhaps want to see if there's
any output in the *Org LaTeX Errors* (or something like that) buffer?
I wonder if there's a package that you could be missing... though
beamer should be pretty standard/straightforward and with everything
else working, I don't understand why that wouldn't work.

> btw. I searched for hours about migrating from v7 to v8 of orgmode, but
> didn't come upon your blog. It could've saved me so much headache! Maybe we
> should add yours as a link on the worg page? I've avoided the migration as
> per the rule "not breaking what works", but it's time to take the plunge and
> living through the growing pain :) Thanks for the help!

Happy to help. I recall following along from a distance as the mailing
list elisp experts were formalizing everything, seriously having no
idea what was going on. Then it was released and seemed like I might
as well figure out what this was all about. Glad you were able to
migrate and hope there wasn't *too* much pain involved!

John