Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.2 (8.3.2-elpa @ /Users/jonathan/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150929/)]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 18:45:05 +0100

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> lipidic man <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, how should the user handle things like 36"?
>
> Funnily, for "en-us" and "en-gb", this is exported as ’36"’.  For "en",
> it’s exported as "36``", which I guess is wrong.

This is not a quote but a "double prime" character. This is out of the
scope of "smart quotes". You may use, for example, \prime and \Prime.

> The questions is whether we need to allow to set this on a document level.
> Or whether it is sufficient to document how users can change
> org-export-smart-quotes-alist to their liking.  The latter should be
> sufficient (assuming an author has one strictly preferred style), but
> reproducibility of Org document speaks in favor of a document setting.

Smart quotes can be disabled at a document level, if you have specific
needs. In any case, we can add more country codes to
`org-export-smart-quotes-alist'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou