[O] An issue with org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] An issue with org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:26:59 +0100

Hi list,

I have org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels set to nil.  However, given this
tree:

* DONE task
** TODO subtask

it turns out that the todo list in the agenda shows the "subtask" anyway.

Should it be so?  I would guess not.

The reason I'd like to exclude this "subtask" from displaying is
something like this: assume that I have a project, halfway done, which
must be postponed for some reason.  I'd like to be able to do this:

* SOMEDAY cool project
** DONE preparation
** TODO hard work

where SOMEDAY is a done-type keyword.

And of course, I don't want to be bothered by "hard work" in this case
in my global todo list.

Is there a way to achieve this?
(Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1136-g0e7062).)

If not, can it be considered a feature request?

A cursory examination of org-agenda.el shows that the culprit is the
function org-agenda-get-todos, and that (probably) this is responsible:

         (regexp (format org-heading-keyword-regexp-format
                         (cond
                          ((and org-select-this-todo-keyword
                                (equal org-select-this-todo-keyword "*"))
                           org-todo-regexp)
                          (org-select-this-todo-keyword
                           (concat "\\("
                                   (mapconcat 'identity
                                              (org-split-string
                                               org-select-this-todo-keyword
                                               "|")
                                              "\\|") "\\)"))
                          (t org-not-done-regexp))))

(notice the last line, with `org-not-done-regexp'!)

A possible course of action might be to change that line to use
`org-todo-regexp'; OTOH, the exclusion of tasks marked as done should be
then done differently.

(If there is any interest, I might try to look into it further.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University