Re: [O] a new csl - citation style lisp ;)

From: Martin Yrjölä
Subject: Re: [O] a new csl - citation style lisp ;)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:31:47 +0200

Hi John,

John Kitchin writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I got curious enough about citation processing to draft an elisp-based
> citeproc for orgmode. You can see the code here:
>
> https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/tree/master/citeproc

I gave it a spin and it was very easy to set up as an org-ref user.
Great work so far. I think an Elisp based implementation has many
strengths like you mentioned in the readme.

> It is loosely based on the xml-CSL file, but in lisp. The principle is
> the same, there is a csl file in lisp that contains formatting
> information, and a processor that works on my org-ref links to replace
> them with formatted citations and entries.

What would be the best way moving forward? How easy would it be to
implement a converter for xml-CSL files? Or would it be better to
support the xml-CSL format directly to avoid duplicate work?

> It certainly isn't complete, bug-free, or stable yet and might still not solve
> note-based styles, but it is pretty powerful already.

Do you already accept bug reports and pull requests on Github?

Best regards,
Martin Yrjölä