[O] org-ref is not using default bibliography file

From: Kai Chen
Subject: [O] org-ref is not using default bibliography file
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:43:46 +0800

Dear list,

I just got to know org-ref, and I followed the github help page to manually install the package and set the default path similar to the configuration provided in the follow link:
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref

And I installed all the dependency packages like helm-bibtex, hydra etc.

But when I am citing (using "C-c ]") an existing entry which is in the default references.bib file, I can see the entry after I stroke the command, but after I selected it and pressed enter, when the cursor is on the link, the mini-buffer says:
!!! No entry found !!!
But previously the org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link properly showed that entry. This can only work when I manually add a bibliography link at the bottom of the file, which means org-ref is not using the default bibliography file.

So what should I check to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help!

The following is my configuration of org-ref:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (setq org-ref-path (concat my-dropbox-path "software/org-ref/"))

  (setq reftex-default-bibliography (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/references.bib"))

  ;; see org-ref for use of these variables
  (setq org-ref-bibliography-notes (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/notes.org")
        org-ref-default-bibliography (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/references.bib")
        org-ref-pdf-directory (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/bibtex-pdfs/"))

  ;; *** helm-bibtex

  (setq helm-bibtex-bibliography (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/references.bib"))
  (setq helm-bibtex-library-path (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/bibtex-pdfs"))

  ;; open pdf with system pdf viewer (works on mac)
  (when (eq system-type 'darwin)
    (setq helm-bibtex-pdf-open-function
      (lambda (fpath)
        (start-process "open" "*open*" "open" fpath))))

  ;; alternative
  ;; (setq helm-bibtex-pdf-open-function 'org-open-file)

  (setq helm-bibtex-notes-path (concat my-dropbox-path "bibliography/helm-bibtex-notes"))

  (global-set-key [f10] 'org-ref-open-bibtex-notes)
  (global-set-key [f11] 'org-ref-open-bibtex-pdf)
  (global-set-key [f12] 'org-ref-open-in-browser)

  (add-to-list 'load-path org-ref-path)

  ;; make sure you have dash, helm, helm-bibtex, ebib, s, f, hydra and key-chord
  ;; in your load-path
  ;; auto-install dependencies
  (require 'org-ref)

  ;; optional but very useful libraries in org-ref
  (require 'doi-utils)
  (require 'jmax-bibtex)
  (require 'pubmed)
  (require 'arxiv)
  (require 'sci-id)

#+END_SRC

--
Regards

Multi-Agent System Lab
University of Science and Technology of China

K.Chen