Re: [O] export subtree

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] export subtree
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 22:43:23 -0600

Hi Scott,
(Also adding in the group, just in case anyone else might want to see
this; no point typing a message twice!)

Took me a little bit to make good on my offer! This was for work, and
while it's probably not *that* sensitive (especially with anonymized
names), I took the time to change all the links away from our intranet
address. Never know who would care about some link between a company
and one of its employees on a mailing list... The rest is fairly
original to illustrate the use case. I was generating financial "cheat
sheets" for the equivalent of college clubs we have at work organized
around various technology interests. There's a chair, they're assigned
a budget, and need to charge expenses to a particular account number.
While all of this information exists in a wiki, our workplace is a bit
"old school" and people wanted some type of hard copy. Not being too
excited to hand generate 40+ of these

I attached a zip of what should be a fairly reproducible example if
you have R functionality enabled. If you go the whole document +
stapler route to split it, you'll need stapler installed and in your
path to run the bash code at the end. There's a link in the document.

I forgot that I'd programatically generated an EXPORT_FILE_NAME
property for each headline as well. That ended up tying back into
Skip's original issue, as I discovered by looking at my generated
documents that I went the manual subtree export route. I preferred the
headlines as the document title vs. just a headline, and couldn't get
there with a bulk export + split. I'd completely forgotten, yet ended
up in the same conundrum :)

Let me know if you run into issues, and hope you find it helpful!
John

P.S. I zipped these from within the directory, so you'll want to
create a folder and unzip them into it.