Re: [O] proposed change of org-gnus-store-link for nnir groups

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] proposed change of org-gnus-store-link for nnir groups
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:09:25 +0100

Hello,

Thomas Alexander Gerds <address@hidden> writes:

> sometimes after searching for mail with notmuch, I want to save a link
> to one of the articles shown in the nnir summary. since nnir groups are
> temporary I would like org-gnus-store-link to treat nnir groups
> differently and to use the articles orginal group when creating the
> link. the following 3 lines change of org-gnus-store-link does this for
> me. if this is interesting for others maybe it could be integrated
> ... if not, I could either advice org-gnus-store-link or add a modified
> version to org-store-link-functions. comments?

Sounds good. Thank you.

>        (when (eq (car (gnus-find-method-for-group gnus-newsgroup-name))
>                 'nnvirtual)
>       (setq group (car (nnvirtual-map-article
>                         (gnus-summary-article-number)))))
> +      (when (eq (car (gnus-find-method-for-group gnus-newsgroup-name))
> +             'nnir)
> +     (setq group  (nnir-article-group (gnus-summary-article-number))))

I think the above could be wrapped within a cl-case, if only to compute
(car (gnus-find-method-for-group gnus-newsgroup-name)) only once. Also,
it may require an entry in ORG-NEWS, and a proper commit message.

Would you mind sending an updated patch?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou