Re: [O] cache and lint

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] cache and lint
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 14:38:41 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just had an error (something including "search" and "wrong side" ...)
>> during org-lint.  As it turned out this error went away after I ran
>> `org-element-cache-reset'.  Hence my question: Would it make sense to
>> include running `org-element-cache-reset' into `org-lint'?
>
> I don't think this should be the default, no. This will delete useful
> information.

I know next to nothing about all the internals here, so I guess you are
right.  My motivation to write here was just to minimize the chance that
org-lint reports errors that are not caused by the document itself.

> The cache bug leading to the error should be fixed, tho.

I am sorry, that I cannot be of more help anymore.  Luckily, the error
is gone right now...

Regards,
Andreas