Re: [O] Problem with org-export--delete-comments

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-export--delete-comments
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:56:43 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I agree that the paragraph should not be broken in the exported
>> document.  There are also other use cases for comments inside
>> paragraphs.
>
> Note that Org doesn't support comments within paragraphs since a comment
> ends a paragraph. In this case, the export output matches the contents
> of the document.
>
> Again, I'm not sure there is a solution satisfying all needs here.

I do not really follow the footnote problem (not using footnotes much)
with this.  But if removing the line following the comment works, then
I'd suggest to simply also comment that newline.

In my opinion comments are not newlines.  Exporting comment lines as
newlines makes it impossible to comment newlines, which might be
desirable -- see this thread.

But I might be missing the point here.

> However, you can mimic inline comments with export snippets, e.g.,
> @@comment:...@@.

That is handy.  I would not have thought of that.

Regards,
Andreas