Re: [O] Radio target appears as a link in html export (in Emacs stable)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Radio target appears as a link in html export (in Emacs stable)
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 12:21:09 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>>
>>> But then I would have to turn all my radio links into proper links,
>>> which I see no method - except with radio targets - to do this
>>> automatically.
>>
>> Instead of
>>
>>   <<<radio>>> ... radio
>>
>> you would have to type
>>
>>   <<radio>>   ... [[radio]]
>>
>> which, IMO, is almost equally simple.
>
> Hmmm, that is true.  In the worst case I've to get used to it...

Actually, it is slightly more complicated:

  <<radio>> ... [[radio][radio]]

>>> The radio links are turned correctly into links. :-)
>>>
>>> But the targets (anchors) appear *also* as links (in HTML).  Which is
>>> confusing and redundant because there are not linked to anything.
>>
>> I'm confused, mainly because I'm not well versed in HTML. Let's consider
>> the following document:
>>
>>   <<<radio>>> :target link: radio
>>
>> When exporting it to HTML, I get the following:
>>
>>   <a id="orgradiotarget1">radio</a> :target link: <a
>> href="#orgradiotarget1">radio</a>
>

> I'm getting <a id="orgradiotarget1" name="orgradiotarget1"</a> instead,
> which *appears* in my html page as a link (which is wrong IMHO, Org-mode
> version 8.2.10, Emacs stable).

IIUC, the only difference with my output is the "name" attribute. You
may want to check `org-html-allow-name-attribute-in-anchors'.

> I would expect an invisible html entity or just the apperance of the
> text "orgradiotarget1".

The latter is indeed expected.

Assuming the variable above is non-nil, which would explain your output,
we could consider to ignore it altogether for radio targets. Again, I'm
not much into HTML so I don't know if that's a good idea (e.g., is there
any use for an anchor with both an id and a name attribute in the
context of radio targets?).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou