Re: [O] missing fancy character when using org-bullets

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] missing fancy character when using org-bullets
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 01:18:11 +0100

Hi,

Bingo UV <address@hidden> writes:

at work I have Windows 7, at home Windows 10. I use the same emacs configuration, and Consolas as the default font face. I indulge myself using org-bullets. At work it works. At home the pretty symbol for 3-rd level outlines is missing. An empty rectangle is showing instead. Other symbols, like those for the first two levels headlines or things like \lambda, work. Did anybody experience anything similar?

Yes, I faced it too - on CentOS 6.5. I moved to Debian stable to get rid of the problem, I couldn't find any other solution.

You can specify ranges with set-fontset-font, e.g.

(set-fontset-font "fontset-default" 'greek (font-spec :family "Fira Mono") nil 'prepend) (set-fontset-font "fontset-default" '(#x1f601 . #x1f567) "Symbola")

You can also ignore certain fonts,

   (setq face-ignored-fonts '("Latin Modern Math"))

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
When in doubt, do it!