Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool

From: Bingo UV
Subject: Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:45:49 +0530

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 15:15:03 -0700
luke call <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not org-mode power-user but what I recall from my use years ago
> is that I moved away because of the # of keystrokes to do operations,
> having to open different files for different topics, and that one
> single set of notes couldn't be in more than one place.

Hi,
   While I am no authority, I will present some information and
   evidence about why one thing should be only in one place if its
   purpose is consumption by human beings. It also matches my
   personal experience - your mileage may vary:

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/12/11/evernote-and-the-brain-designing-creativity-workflows/

Don't let the evernote.com mislead you - the article is not entirely
praising  of evernote and presents scientific evidence where
applicable.

From this, I gather that tools promoting explicitly
preemptive inter-connection between knowledge pieces like this
one-model seems to be are not likely the best uses of
one's own brain. Even attempts at exquisite tagging and
cross-referencing within emacs org-mode are ill-advised.

PS : while the thread is otherwise off-topic, I hope this post was less
off-topic.

thanks