Re: [O] org-pdfview-open doesn't work anymore

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-pdfview-open doesn't work anymore
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:45:46 +0100

Hi Nicolas

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Michael Brand
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Due to lexical binding in org.el there was a change in
> `org-file-apps', see Org News for version 9.0 and e. g. this thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/104272
> I think the most convenient would be if `org-open-file' tries to find
> out that `cmd' in this case is a function with only one argument and
> call it with just `file'.

Only after a closer look I saw that the single parameter of
`org-pdfview-open' is not `file' but `link'. It is probably better for
`org-open-file' to not guess in case of `cmd' with a single parameter
whether it is meant to be `file' or `link'. That leads me to suggest
the attached patch to be reviewed that checks the function signature.

Michael