Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 10:19:14 -0500

It could also be you didn't specify a bibliographystyle.

Try running M-x org-ref on the file. It checks that some things like that are
correct. Sometimes it is helpful to manually build the puff at the command
line. Org hides a lot of errors sometimes.

On February 6, 2016, at 9:23 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

On Saturday,  6 Feb 2016 at 14:42, Nikolai Stenfors wrote:
> Hi,
> Org-ref appears to be an excellent reference handling tool for org-mode. I
> have followed the installation according to org-ref homepage.
> However, I have problems exporting the org-file to pdf. The generated
> intermediate latex-file appears visually OK. In the pdf, references are
> shown as [?] and no bibliography is generated.

What is the setting of org-latex-to-pdf-process?  It looks like bibtex
was not run, having looked at the LaTeX code that was generated, which
looks perfectly fine.  Have you looked at the LaTeX log output when
exporting to PDF?  There will be a buffer with this log.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3.3-548-g99697a