[O] Alternative to MobileOrg for ios

From: Stoph Long
Subject: [O] Alternative to MobileOrg for ios
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:31:33 -0700

Dear All,

  I just found another way to synchronize org-mode and ios. It requires dropbox and the ios Editorial app, but then you work with the original file as "enhanced" plain text.  Editorial ($9.99, http://omz-software.com/editorial/) is extensible in python as well as a visual workflow language and has good regex coverage. I wrote some org related functions (folding, priority setting, status setting, sorting by status and priority) as a proof of concept. You can check out my screencast of it for more info (https://youtu.be/JclQcwc2iJs).

  The scripts work well for my needs. Still, please back up your work before using as I make no guarantees. I'm sure there are better programmers out there who can bring this to the next level. The functions to date are listed on the Editorial forum at https://forum.omz-software.com/topic/2023/feature-org-mode-support/9

  The same thread on the forum is encouraging the author to add more support for org.  He already supports markdown, multimarkdown, and taskpaper so much of the core functionality (tables, checkboxes) is there.  So if you think this is a good direction, please add your +1 there and say what you'd like to see.

  Note, I'm not affiliated with Editorial in any way, but I was very happy to find a powerful plain text way to update my org files on the go!

Stoph