Re: [O] Scanning for duplicate IDs of whole buffer when exporting a sub-

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Scanning for duplicate IDs of whole buffer when exporting a sub-heading
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:23:54 +0100

Hello,

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the policy of merging changes from master to maint? Does
> this happen only for major issues? Only before releases?

Usually maint contains either very important or trivial fixes. To put it
differently, fixes that might not go in maint are invasive changes that
solve non-critical issues. I believe this one fell in the latter
category.

However, as you can tell, there is usually no clear cut.

> Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Does this mean that id-links are
> replaced by something new or do you assume that the id-links in my
> document are not important (because it ought to be only a small
> file for a presentation)?
>
> If it's the latter: my Org-mode file is quite large and contains
> hundreds of id-links I want to keep. The sub-heading of the
> presentation I want to export is only a tiny fraction of the file.
>
> My whole digital life is managed in a dozen Org-mode files with a
> quarter million lines and approximately ninety percent is within
> five files. Therefore I love narrowing down to sub-headings for
> editing and exporting.

Export process happens in a copy of your documents. You can safely
remove id links there (since they get in the way ATM) using hooks.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou