Re: [O] ox-tufte-latex

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: Re: [O] ox-tufte-latex
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:28:43 -0300

Dear Thomas.

> I've cobbled together an exporter for the Tufte LaTeX classes, which I'd
> like to contribute to Org mode contrib/. [...]

Having started with Org, Latex and Tufte-latex just a very little time
ago, I'd really like to thank you for your efforts. :)

However, I would appreciate some help with little details that I'm not
getting clear, mostly sure because of my ignorance.

+ what is the difference between using the :ignore: tag and add
"COMMENT" as the first characters in the line (the native Org mechanism
to prevent export)? I tried them and didn't saw the difference.

+ if I put a plain text link in a sidenote (like
"\sidenote{see http://AgileManifesto.org}";), it doesn't get
automagically converted to a link as it is in the text body. It appears
as normal text and without the \url{...}, so it doesn't look and doesn't
act as a link.

+ using links as specific Latex markup seems a great idea. However, the
links face definition makes it specially visible, and impossible to
separate from any other URL since the properties are hidden. Can that be
tweaked (maybe not it your class, of course, but in the .emacs file or
similar), so as to keep the writing flow unperturbed?

In any case, thank you very much for sharing. Org as writing environment
+ tufte-latex as export really help to make great looking documents. :)

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

 Donde se cruzan tus talentos