[O] bug#22734: 24.5; do not leave opened org-agenda-files on org-agenda-

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: [O] bug#22734: 24.5; do not leave opened org-agenda-files on org-agenda-list, etc.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:53:34 +0100

Hello,

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:23:05 +0200
>>
>> TODO.org I visit only via `C-c a a'. But NOTE.org become unmaintainable with
>> size greater then 1 MiB of plain text.

It would be interesting to see a profile report about this.

>> But now I have a lot of opened unused .org files after `C-c a a' which I
>> should kill when they appear during buffer switches.
>>
>> The right behavior is to preserve opened only files that already was opened
>> and kill other files.

AFAICT, Org expects that agenda files are always being visited. This may
be related to speed issues.

In any case, you could filter out Org files from buffer list (e.g., with
`ido-ignore-buffers' and alike), and use `org-buffer-list' whenever you
need them.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou