Re: [O] streamlined capture on iphone

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] streamlined capture on iphone
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:20:45 -0500

On 2016-02-24 at 17:59, Skip Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
> MobileOrg on the iPhone is not very useful to me. As many people do, I
> use my iPhone as a way to capture input on the go, usually in the form
> of short text snippets or notes. One thing that has made this work
> better for me is a streamlined process...

I'm confused. The remainder of your description of your process does not seem
very streamlined and has a lot steps through 3rd parties. I use only MobileOrg
and can capture to my desktop by tapping only a 5 buttons:

1) The app icon, 2) enter text (or tap the mic button and speak), 3) Done 4)
Outline Mode 5) Sync.

My Desktop then automatically updates w/o 5 minute delay. Captured notes are
tagged as REFILE and show up in a section of the Agenda that only shows up if
there are things that need to be refiled. There are no need for external
scripts and the only 3rd party service is DropBox.

I'm happy to see there are alternatives, and ones that work for Android, but
for iPhone users I think there might be simpler setups than your original
description.

I've shared my config before, but am happy to do so again.

Alternatively, I have a workflow that lets me do the hands-free "Hey Siri..."
and just speak at my phone, and things automatically show up on my laptop Org
agenda, again in the REFILE section that only shows up when there are items.
The scripts for that workflow are not robust, but the outline/concept and
starter scripts can be found here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-05/msg00556.html The
first workflow described, using MobileOrg, is robust.

  -k.