[O] ob-lilypond and LaTeX floats/captions

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] ob-lilypond and LaTeX floats/captions
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:20:52 +0800

Especially looking for users of ob-lilypond:

I currently have a few LilyPond source code blocks that are working quite well as inline graphics (exported to LaTeX), e.g.:

#+BEGIN_SRC lilypond :exports results :noweb yes :file ex1.eps
#+END_SRC

When I export, it (correctly) asks if I want to evaluate the source block, and the export (correctly) includes the line:

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{ex1.eps}

So far, so good.

Now, I would like to make the results a floating figure, with a caption and a #+name reference. So I added the following to the above block:

#+name: ex1
#+caption: One possible form of "seed" material to start the performance.
#+BEGIN_SRC lilypond :exports results :noweb yes :file ex1.eps
#+END_SRC

... but the #+name is not converted into a label, and the #+caption is also ignored.

My question, then, is: What is needed to get ob-lilypond to support LaTeX floats and captions? (I have a sneaky feeling it isn't trivial, but it's worth asking in any case.)

hjh