Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 06:34:31 -1000

Aloha Oleh,

Oleh Krehel writes:

>> Org can export to Texinfo. It can be helpful for those not understanding
>> well enough the latter.
>
> Org can export to Texinfo. But not well enough to be able to write Org
> manual in Org.

I worked on a project to port the Org manual to Org about three years
ago.  At the time, I thought the Texinfo exporter supported the project
quite well.

The project had a mixed reception and ultimately wasn't adopted, but I
don't remember Texinfo exporter deficiencies figuring into the decision.
My impression at the time was that the programmers who looked at the
project thought the Texinfo exporter was doing its job well.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye