[O] Orgtbl: edit table like code, in a separate buffer?

From: Rafael Ramirez Morales
Subject: [O] Orgtbl: edit table like code, in a separate buffer?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 18:17:41 +0100

Hello group.

I was wondering if it was technically possible to invoke a separate buffer to edit a table in org mode.

My working scenario is a table with several columns with limited width so as to edit a buffer with org-startup-indented on. I would like to achieve something like what is done with source blocks: upon invoking a command, the table would open in a separate buffer, with indent (i.e. visual line-wrapping) option off and that ignores column width limits.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Is there another way to go about this problem?

Thanks.