Re: [O] Best way to create blog for company web site with Orgmode

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: [O] Best way to create blog for company web site with Orgmode
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 12:47:33 -0500

Rainer Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> I wonder what is the best way to create a blog for a company website
> with Orgmode. I do not want to use a static web site generator. The
> design of the web site is relying on Bootstrap and customs CSS.

Just curious, why does wanting to use Bootstrap rule out an Org-based
static site generator for you?

I'm slowly developing just such a beast.  It Works For Me(TM) but is
still a bit raw for others unless they can deal with some Python
hacking and spotty documentation.

> It should be easy to setup and to maintain for me?

I think maybe you can better define what you mean by "easy"?

In the end, developing my own generator was easier than trying to adapt
existing ones.  There are a lot of great ones out there, especially if
you expand to allow Markdown ones (either native authoring or using
Org's Markdown export), but none do exactly what I wanted.

-Brett.