[O] Exporting math code containing a cases environment to LaTeX

From: Francesco Turco
Subject: [O] Exporting math code containing a cases environment to LaTeX
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 18:49:22 +0100

Why the following piece of Org Mode document doesn't display correctly
when exported to a PDF document via LaTeX?

  \[n!=
  \begin{cases}
    1 & n=0 \\
    n(n-1)! & n\ge 1 \\
  \end{cases}
  \]

It is displayed at the left instead of center of the document.
Moreover the \[ and \] symbols are not removed in the final document.

I can fix the problem by replacing \[ and \] with \begin{displaymath}
end \end{displaymath} respectively:

  \begin{displaymath}
  n!=
  \begin{cases}
    1 & n=0 \\
    n(n-1)! & n\ge 1 \\
  \end{cases}
  \end{displaymath}

Is this the best way to fix the problem? Am I missing a better solution?