[O] Help with writing plain list followed by description list [ox-latex]

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Help with writing plain list followed by description list [ox-latex]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:15:08 -0400

Hi,

I need help on generating a latex export correctly for the case where a description list has to immediately follow a plain list.

Below is a MWE that demonstrates the problem and here is a screenshot of the generated PDF ( http://i.imgur.com/FEjN099.png ). Note how the Description list item looks under "Bad" section (generated using org) vs "Good" section (generated using latex code directly).

* Bad
- Plain list item
- Description :: Description list became part of plain list here!
-----
Above does not work because org exports it to \LaTeX as below.
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
\section{Bad}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}
\begin{itemize}
\item Plain list item
\item[{Description}] Description list became part of plain list here!
\end{itemize}
#+END_EXAMPLE
-----
Note that the description list item comes *before* =\end{itemize}=.

*How do I tell org to end the =itemize= block at the last plain list item and begin =description= block before the first description list item?*

-- OR --

*What should I write in org to generate the below?*

-----
#+BEGIN_EXPORT latex
\section{Good}
\label{sec:orgheadline2}
\begin{itemize}
\item Plain list item
\end{itemize}
\begin{description}
\item[{Description}] This looks fine because I have moved the description list out of the plain list.
\end{description}
#+END_EXPORT
-----

Kaushal Modi