[O] long delay after selecting capture template

From: Allan Streib
Subject: [O] long delay after selecting capture template
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:10:42 -0400

Hi,

When I want to capture a task I hit C-c c and then t to select the task
template.

Between striking the t key and seeing the template rendered, there is a
delay of several seconds (sometimes up to 10 seconds). No errors are
logged and the template eventually displays and everything is normal.

As the whole point of capturing is to quickly log task items and get
back to the primary work at hand, this delay can be annoying. Any
suggestions at where to look to resolve this?

GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-openbsd, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2015-10-19

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/)

Thanks,