Re: [O] faster auto-completion suggestions in org-mode

From: Jérémie Juste
Subject: Re: [O] faster auto-completion suggestions in org-mode
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:04:41 +0100

Hello,

The reason why auto-completion with auto-complete-mode is slow might be because of
flyspell-mode. Do you use it by default on org-mode by any chance?

I tried disabling flyspell-mode and got good results.(Not as fast as pabbrev-mode but fast enough)

I also posted an issue here
https://github.com/auto-complete/auto-complete/issues/435

the M-x profile-start, M-x profile-report was really helpful here.

Best regards,

Jeremie

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Friday, 18 Mar 2016 at 13:14, Jérémie Juste wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using auto-complete <https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoComplete>in
> org mode but I notice that there is more delay in the completion in
> org-mode than in text mode for example.

I used to use auto-complete but gave up for just this
reason.  Interestingly, in my initialisation file, I have the following
comment:

    ;; latest version 1.3.1 is too slow; back to 0.2.0

In any case, I use pabbrev instead which may suit you.

However, if you find a solution to the speed problems with
auto-complete, do let us know!
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.4-626-gb62d55

--
Jérémie Juste