Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and ca

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and causes Missing \begin{document} error
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:55:45 -0400

On 03/26/2016 01:14 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
On Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 10:15, Charles Millar wrote:

[...]

I was not clear - I ran the exports after I made the correction to
"mysetup", i.e. \newcommand{\\foo}{bar}
but I am confused: why the \\ for foo but \ for newcommand?
My typo. Just in case I attach a copy of the "mysetup class" which I believe is now correct and which i have been using since your original response where you pointed out that \\newcommand, etc. was incorrect . I have used this as the latex class for all subsequent messages in this thread.

What is the
actual result in the output.tex file?
See attached TestLatexformessage.tex
I do agree that the one file that exports as desired must be a result
of luck. I compared the output.tex file for each document. In each the
first \usepackage{foo} which is inserted from the SETUPFILE is
indented several tabs or spaces to the right and not aligned to the
left margin.
The indentation or not itself is not the issue but only a symptom of an
error before that line, in my opinion.
I place the cursor just before \usepackage{lastpage} and backspace once, the file builds without the extra page, etc.

Is there a proper location for the #+SETUPFILE: line in the main org file?

Charlie