Re: [O] How to do proper folding and semantic markup

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: Re: [O] How to do proper folding and semantic markup
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:39:04 -0300

Hi Christian.

>> ... place the abstract and #+LATEX: commands for frontmatter before the
>> first exported headline, e.g.,
>> #+BEGIN_abstract
>>   [Abstract here]
>> #+END_abstract

> Originally my fault for pointing out that this was possible (for latex
> and html backends, anyway) without any special abstract handling. :-)
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-11/msg00046.html

No fault at all, on the contrary. This collective knowledge is built by
everyone that participates. :)

> [...] If these matter to you (I gather that you have to write long
> abstracts), you may need to use the ignore trick Thomas Dye referred
> to.

I'll do, as that solution has the best of both worlds. :)

> You can name a block and reference it by name.
> #+name: theabstract
> #+begin_abstract
> #+end_abstract
> See [[theabstract][the abstract]].

This linking capacity is great and I'm using it a lot.

The only detail remaining here that I'm still searching is how to
include the table/figure # also with the link. This is because if
someone prints the report, the link becomes unusable without a number.

An example would be:

Lorem ipsum...

#+CAPTION: A beautiful caption for this table.
#+NAME: table:tablename
#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable
[the table]

A lot of text, going pages long.

In this paragraph, there is a [[tablename][link to the table]].

This renders the link perfectly, but in the linked text <link to the
table> there is no further reference. How can the (automagically added)
number be included, like in <link to the table #12)?

Just for the sake of making it ultra complete (I don't feel it necessary
really), the link could use the id only to point, and be rendered as

I'm sure it's there but even having read the manual I still lack the
emacspeak to find it, or maybe to understand that I already read over
it. :)

Anyway, Have a great day...

--
eduardo mercovich