Re: [O] orgmode and a database

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and a database
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:27:02 -0400

Hi,

On 04/04/2016 03:46 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
Hello

I am looking for a sort of database I could use with orgmode. Anybody
has a suggestion? What's about recutils?

I have been using recutils with orgmode for more than year - still learning of course. So far, my experience has been fine. I am still developing some sort of standard databases, e.g. one for contacts, another for finance type of records, etc.

Have you checked out the two recutils mailing lists? Not very active at the moment. I mentioned in those lists that perhaps some sort of capture much like org-capture might be useful, but have made no further effort in that regards.

I picked up a excellent pointers as to using recutils to create org-mode tables from Jose Marchesi's and Eric Shulte's ob-rec.el discussion on this list back in 2011. I ultimately export the tables and related text to LaTeXpdf docs.

A few months ago I added recutils or "rec" to the Babel:languages, Emacs Package section - still haven't provided an example though. (It may have been Eric who encouraged me to post my entry to Worg, but at the moment I cannot recall for sure.)

Charlie Millar