Re: [O] Feature Request: Time Line in Lab Book

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Feature Request: Time Line in Lab Book
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:34:20 +0100

On Tuesday,  5 Apr 2016 at 15:12, Dominik Schrempf wrote:
> Do I make myself clear now?

Yes and I think the key would be to ensure that every note etc. has a
heading.  This avoids all the problems you have with non-terminated
entries.  Avoid a flat structure and org works very well.

For instance, if you use a capture rule based on a date-tree, you can
easily add to the end of the file while still add notes later to any
previous entry.  Plus you have the advantage of knowing when notes were
added.  See screenshot where I have added three notes and then went and
added some text to the first note I took today.

PNG image

The notes were added using my journal capture rule posted earlier.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-668-g809a83