[O] keybinding for inserting simple item, simple plain list

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] keybinding for inserting simple item, simple plain list
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:40:53 +0000

Hello

This must be completely trival, but I cannot find a solution in the
manual nor in google.

I would like to bind some key, say (super return) to a function which
would insert a simple item in a list.

(meta return) inserts in an org mode file, a heading.

However (meta return) in message mode, with

(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct++)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgtbl)

Inserts   a newline indents it and adds a "-" such as in

    -

This is precisely want I want to have in an org-mode file.

How can I do it?

Htanks