Re: [O] how to disable smart-tab only on org headline?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] how to disable smart-tab only on org headline?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 18:22:43 +0000 (UTC)

Xebar Saram <zeltakc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> im pretty sure smart tab activates when im in org, when i issue C-h k i
get this

> It is bound to TAB, <tab>, <menu-bar> <YASnippet> <Expand trigger>.
>
> (yas-expand &optional FIELD)
>
> Expand a snippet before point. If no snippet
> expansion is possible, call command `smart-tab'.
>

> and i also see smart tab in the mod line/
>
> any clue?

Hi Z,

Well, here's what I see in =smart-tab.el=:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
  (defcustom smart-tab-disabled-major-modes '(org-mode term-mode eshell-mode
w3m-mode magit-mode)
    ...)
  (define-minor-mode smart-tab-mode
    (when (or (minibufferp)
              buffer-read-only
              (member major-mode smart-tab-disabled-major-modes))
      (smart-tab-mode-off)))
#+END_SRC

And when I try to use it in an Org buffer, it says "Smart-Tab mode disabled."

Maybe you have an old version that doesn't do this?