Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 10:37:53 +0800

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Saturday,  9 Apr 2016 at 18:09, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> On 2016-04-09, at 02:26, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> actively maintained, which I don't love. If anyone has recommendations
>>> for better keyboard-driven browsers, I'd love to hear them...
>>
>> eww ;-)
>
> I use this as my first port of call typically.  For many of the web
> sites I visit, it does the job very well.

I really should get used to using eww for basic browsing. It's silly,
but I think one of the obstacles has simply been that I haven't s

>> But seriously, I'd also like to hear them!
>
> For those that a full graphical browser with javascript etc., I use
> Firefox with vimperator (http://www.vimperator.org/) which fits nicely
> with my use of evil in emacs...

I don't think I'm ready to learn a whole new approach to keyboard
navigation (though I've had to get used to hjkl in the i3 window
manager) so this probably isn't that likely. But the KeySnail that Rasmu
mentioned bills itself as the Emacs-inspired version of Vimperator, so
that's encouraging. I just hope it's as flexible as Conkeror...