Re: [O] Show presence of zero width spaces using overlay

From: timor
Subject: Re: [O] Show presence of zero width spaces using overlay
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 01:20:35 +0200

Hello Nicolas

>> In plain-text parts of org documents (i.e. that would be exported as
>> the content of <p> attributes in html, or to plain text paragraphs in
>> Markdown, etc.), there shall be a way to treat strings in the same way
>> as the surrounding plain text, which would otherwise be handled by
>> org-mode in a special way.
>
> I don't understand.

I don't really know how to express it better, so I will just give an example:

"This ==is really verbatim== stuff."
should be parsed and treated exactly like
"This is really verbatim stuff."

Right now, it is treated in the same way as ~code fragments~.  In
practice other delimiters than "==" would probably be chosen. It would
be an element in org-emphasis-alist, that in fact prevents any
emphasis at all.

In effect, it would allow to really escape parts of paragraphs or link
descriptions, or wherever these kinds of empahsis characters are
valid.

This is only an example of what I want to be able to do, no
specification, sorry.

regards
timor