Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 22:20:50 +0000

I believe some of the inter-process communication magic depends upon i/o
through a file that exists in /tmp on the remote host

If the remote server shares a file system with localhost (does it?), you could
contrive for that temp file to live there (~/.emacs.d/ESS.IPC.HACK) instead.

I've been stung by similar in the past.

What version of ESS and org are you using? (meta-x org-version and meta-x
ess-version) - this has been a bit of a moving target.  I've most recently had
tramp/ess/org work FINE.  That is when I am editing a file on a remote host via
tramp.  The R process starts up on the remote host (as does a shell for "#+SRC
sh" blocks).   This _should_ work for you....

~Malcolm