Re: [O] State of things: Email with orgmode?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] State of things: Email with orgmode?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 13:16:24 -0400

That is nice!

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

Table of Contents

One of the links between org and email is using org-mime-htmlize which will take your email buffer (using gnus in my case but a message buffer) and create a text+html mime encoded email in which the plain text is parsed as an org file and exported to HTML.

I don't use this often but I do use it now and again, for instance when a table is a necessary element of the email or if I want to have some LaTeX equations in the email.

1 An example

For instance, the following equation may appear in the email, depending on what you are using to view your emails:

\begin{equation}
y = \sqrt{x}
\end{equation}

eric

–

Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-739-g789412